When I applied for SSN at Norwood SSN office, they told me that the immigration dept have to cross verify my visa details and confirm them back which is still not done. Without SSN, Payroll is not generated. I have to return back to India in next 1 week. Can someone let me know the contact info of immigration people. Is this common thing to happen or i need to fight it out Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
I was in the same situation and was told by the SSN office person ( a very helpful guy) to re-apply and enter my address as of the SSN office address and he kept my cell number. He said he will call me as soon as the number arrives and then again when the actual card arrives. He called me on both occasions and I got my number in 2 days and the card in less than a month !
I was very grateful for the help and advice the SSN office person provided me at that time.
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
WOM means Writ of Mandamus. Its filing a case against USCIS when you case has been unnecessarily delayed. You need to exhaust all venues before approaching the court
See my most recent and related post here http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum77-work-travel-options-after-485-h1-versus-ead-ap/394381-ead-approved-for-only-1-year.html
There are several smaller campaigns that we can have ..one that comes to my mind is to show the benefits of legal immigration ..
we can do something as easy as meeting our local realtors ..(maybe each member can meet 4-5 realtors in his area) ..show interest in buying a house and then back out saying that the GC delays are preventing you from buying a house ...(and maybe ask the realtors to advertise on IV :))
I'm in the same boat as you (I140/I485/I131/I765 - filed concurrently). I'm trying to self file for my H1 extension. I was not sure about one question on form I-129 part 4.7 the question is
Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition?
Last year when I filed for H1 extension I had checked 'NO'
But now that I-140 is pending, I'm not sure if I should check 'YES' or 'NO'
I will appreciate if you can help me with this.
Here is my situation: I was working for a company A as a systems analyst and filed my GC on July, 2004 in RIR. Got the Labor approved in December 2006.
But I have transfered my H1B to company B in November, 2005 as a systems analyst and filed my GC in Jan, 2007 in PERM. Got my LC and 140 approved in April, 2007 + filed AOS in July, 2007. Still I am continuing my services with company B on H1B (H1b expires on Sep, 2008).
I am having difficulties with Company B, they are creating problems and planning to lay me off soon. I am very much concerned and worried about it since I live with two little kids.
My previous employer (company A) willing to take me back but I have the folloiwng questions and would really appreciate and thank you for your answers.
1. If I want to keep my status with H1B only and transfer my H1 to company A, will that cause any issues to my AOS of company B?
if your new employer revokes your I-140 before 180 days of your 485-filing, your AOS is gone.
2. As I mentioned company A has my LC approved, if I transfer my H1B to comapny A, can file my 140 with company A again? If Yes, will that impact my AOS of company B?
you can file I-140, it does not impact AOS from B. In fact at this stage (assuming there was no fraud anywhere) if you simply wait 180 days past the receipt date of your I-485, even B cannot harm your AOS...
3. If I transfer H1B and continue my services with company A, how does we port ACT21 to my status? Is it must to use EAD to use ACT 21?
wait 180 days past your I-485 filing, then just do an H1 transfer to A. Using EAD is not mandatory.
4. If I jump on ACT 21 using my EAD from company B to company A, can I file my 140 with company A? if Yes, will that impact my AOS of company B?
you cna file a new I-140 with A, it does not impact AOS with B. Once htat I-140 is approved, you can even consider interfiling it into your existing 485, so your PD is automatically bumped up.
5. If I change the employer after 180 days, current employer (company B) will have any authority to create any problems with AOS or with approved 140?
they can withdraw your I-140. That DOES NOT impact your AOS in any way.
Wait 180 days, and you are safe from B.
6. If I filed my 140 with company A and got denied, what happens with AOS from comapny B?
typically nothing. In rare cases USCIS has gone back to look at previous petitions. If the reason your I-140 with A is denied also applies to the I-140 with B, they can go back and revoke that too. However its extremely rare from what I know.
Guys once again I really appreciate your time and please give me some suggestions as I am very badly in need of your help.
just chill. The most critical thing at this stage is to allow teh 180 days to pass peacefully without getting your GC sponsor worked up.
Confucious had said, when it comes to 485 and AC-21, be smart and patiently wait for the time to pass before you transform from your pre 180 days avatar (http://www.forparentsbyparents.com/images/cute_baby_2006/cute_baby_nov06_ruby_400.jpg) to your post 180 days avatar (http://www.niten.org.br/artigossensei/cafecomsensei/mai2007/killbill.jpg).
We have 6000 plus members and we hope ge gets help.
As pending 485 do not have expiry date they won't accept it as status.
What would you think would be a solution for this?
There are always risks involved. Its your choice what you want to do. I will request you to understand how the system works, so that when folks around here suggest you something, you can evaluate the choices based on your knowledge also.
If you think you can find a good job, then i will say keep on looking for it. Meanwhile stick with your company and see if things improve. In the end its your personal choice, as you are the one who needs to set your priorities. Also, if you can let us know your PD, then i am sure people can suggest you in a much better way.
Also, i will really appreciate if you can update your information for the tracker.
Also, please be patient and lets not use abusive language, as it is not going to help anyone.
Thanks a lot.
GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.
Much of the above applies to this one, which I put online this evening:
I'd entitle this one "Fuzzy Colors" or "5-O'clock Shadows on Upholstery"
I've GOT to get a macro lens. It obviously opens a completely new world of stuff to see. My wife's gonna toss me out on my ear. I may have to come crash at your place for a while....a doghouse would be fine...that's where I spend a lot of time anyway.
Got any predictions?????
Mine are 1 year (if legislation goes through), to 12 years (if it does not.)
Thanks inskrish for the news.
Anyway, the Proc. dates are a heap of bull shit. The NSC Proc date for I-485 says July 08 2007. We all know the dates were 'U' and noone could have filed a I-485 between July 2 - July 17th (July 2 fiasco). So how can the oldest application that the NSC is blocked on can be dated July 08 2007 !!!
Even if they came across ineligible applications like that, wouldn't they just outright reject them and quickly move on to some other application that they can process??? Why would they consider themselves blocked on such application(s) and issue the processing date to reflect such transient status ???
I understand your frustration. However, it just means that the are "processing" those applications. That being said, does not mean they will approve them, but will perform the initial processing of those applications. Then, the applications go back to a "waiting line" for their PDs to become current. This is why sometimes some I485s get approved right after their PDs become current(within days). This is because some of them are pre-processed. This is what the Processing Dates mean on the USCIS website. It means "being processed". I hope this makes sense.
Download the RAW file:
I am not surprised. USCIS/DHS employees have no accountability and utterly incompetent. They throw around national security whenever someone tries to hold them responsible.
They made a mess of those VSC-TSC, CSC-TSC, transfer cases and some are still waiting for their fingerprint notices.
They will be able to pull up your case and update the system with the details and make it as acceptable.
To find out the nearest infopass office and schedule an appointment, use the below link
As suggested by others it is better to seek advice of an attorney. But the above will help you to get through initially without any further delays and tension.
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Even going further we can put trial period for new users for 15 days .If they have any questions just pay 5-10 $ and get active in forum there answers will be provided by all our valued/all star members (most green as per rank) in this way we get more revenue and members get valued advice.
This is a very valid suggestion , because i believe most of the new questions are posted by that fake guy tunnel rat... with different different ids.